The Department of Administration, Finance and Public Affairs is responsible for the coordination, implementation and execution of the policies and priorities of the elected officials.
Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm. The Administration Department can be reached by phone at 732-262-1050 or by fax at 732-451-0257.
The Department is overseen by Business Administrator Joanne Bergin.
As Business Administrator, Ms. Bergin's powers and duties are outlined in the Brick Township Administrative Code and include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist the Mayor in the preparation of the Township Budget.
- Develop and enforce sound purchasing and personnel practices and procedures for al departments, offices and agencies of the Township and assist the Mayor in the making of policy decisions which relate to the Township's physical development.
- Supervise the administration of each of the departments established by ordinance and, for this purpose, have and exercise such duties and powers as are provided by statute.
- Presrcibe, issue or approve rules and regulations for the efficient management of the Township government not inconsistent with the statute and ordinances of the township.
- Prescribe and prepare uniform forms of budget requests for use by all departments and other spending agencies, together with appropriate instructions for such use.
- Review and analyze all budget requests for appropriations and make recommendations with respect thereto.
- Study the organization and operation of any and all departments and other spending agencies for the purpose of budget analysis.
- Prepare all estimates of non-property tax revenues anticipated for the support of each annual budget.
- Cooperate with the State of New Jersey in the enforcement and administration of state laws and regulations of township personnel (civil service) within the township.
- Establish and maintain a roster of all persons in the township government which shall set forth the signifcant facts relating to perosnnel adminstration.
- Supervise, direct and control the Divisions of Finance, Tax Assessment, Tax Collection and the Bureau of Purchasing.
- Assist the Township Clerk and the Council President in the preparation of the Council meeting agenda.
- Other unspecified duties as may arise and/or be assigned by the Mayor.