The Township Clerk and Registrar’s Office is responsible for some of the most traditional and important functions of the municipal government. The Clerk serves as the Custodian of the Township Seal and is responsible for the maintenance of all records, books, deeds, bonds, contracts and archival records of the municipality.
The Clerk’s Office accepts all Open Public Records Act (OPRA) requests, accepts fees for the same and processes them in accordance with New Jersey law.
The Clerk and Registrar’s Office Hours are Monday through Friday, 9am until 4pm. To contact the Clerk and Registrar’s Office, please call 732-262-1001.
Birth, Death and Marriage Certificates
To obtain a certified copy of a birth, death or marriage certificate, you must completely fill out an application. As per New Jersey law, in order to obtain the certified copy of these vital records, you must be either the subject of record, the subject’s parent, legal guardian or legal representative, the subject’s spouse, the subject’s child or grandchild of legal age, a state or federal agency for official purposes or pursuant to a court order. You must present an acceptable form of identification and proof of relationship to the subject.
The fee for each certified copy is $10, payable by credit card (no Amex), cash (in person), check or money order made payable to “Township of Brick.” If applying by mail, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope.
In New Jersey, marriage licenses must be obtained in the municipality that either partner legally reside. Brick Township residents can apply by appointment only. Appointments are available Monday through Friday, 9am-11am or 2pm-3pm. Call 732-262-1001 to schedule an appointment. It is recommended that you make an appointment at least two weeks prior to the ceremony. There is a 72-hour waiting period from the time of application until you can use your marriage license.
- Marriage License Application
- Marriage License Information and Requirements
- List of Local Marriage Officiants – Please Note: These officiants are not affiliated with the Township of Brick. It is the responsibility of the couple being married to verify Fee for Services and Authenticity of Qualifications for each individual.
Dog and Cat Licensing
All dogs and cats, 7 months or older, in the Township of Brick, must be licensed during the month of January. A certificate of Rabies vaccination must be presented. Also, if your dog and/or cat has been spayed or neutered, you must present a statement from the veterinarian. If your dog or cat has not been altered there will be an additional $3.00 charge imposed by for population control by the State of New Jersey. Licenses may be obtained either by mail or at the Municipal Building, 401 Chambers Bridge Road, Monday through Friday from 9am to 4pm. The clerk’s office accepts credit card (no Amex), cash or check payable to the “Township of Brick”, please. If requesting by mail, please enclose a stamped, self-addressed envelope.
- To obtain a 1 year license the rabies must be valid until – November 1, 2017
- To obtain a 3 year license the rabies must be valid until – November 1, 2019
One year spayed/neutered animal: $10.00
One year non spayed/neutered animal: $13.00
Three year spayed/neutered animal: $26.00
Three year non spayed/neutered animal: $35.00
Late Fee – There is an administrative charge of $1.00 per month for any dog or cat registered after January 31st of each year.
(Example – February = $1 addtional, March = $2 additional, etc. )
Garage sales permits can be obtained in person at the Clerk’s Office. Permits are for 3 consecutive days and are $5. Citizens are allowed up to 4 garage sale permits per year. Click here for the Garage Sale Permit Application Form.
Voter Registration and Election Information
Please visit the Ocean County Clerk’s Website for election service information including voter registration, voting by mail and other information.
Other Permit and License Applications Available in the Clerk’s Office
- Canvasser or Solicitors License by a Charitable, Religious, Patriotic or Philanthropic Organization
- Flags and Streamers Application
- Flea Market Permit Application
- Food Handler License
- Limousine License
- Second Hand Dealer
- Taxi Driver Application & Requirements
- Application for Banner Permit
- Brick Township Police Towing Service Application
- Peddling, Soliciting and Canvassing Application – Non-Profit
- Peddling, Soliciting and Canvassing Application – For Profit
- Raffle Permit Application
- Bingo Permit Application
- Charitable Solicitation Permit Application (Tagging)
- Clothing Bin Permit Application
- Commercial Trash Enclosure
- Street Vacation Application
- Trailer and Storage Container Permit Application
- Tourist Development Fund Application
- Taxi Business Application
- Special Event Permit Application
- Outdoor Sales Permit Application
- Motor Vehicle Sales Permit Application
- Massage Parlor Application
- Garage Sale Permit Application