The Township of Brick has made a tool available for residents that will assist with recycling and waste disposal. The free Recycle Coach platform is a partnership with the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection.
With Recycle Coach, residents can:
- Stay organized with custom curbside collection and events calendars
- Receive collection reminders and real-time updates on service disruptions
- Become recycling experts with a comprehensive “What Goes Where?” search tool, including local disposal information and collection requirements for common and uncommon items
- Take the “What Type of Recycler Are You?” quiz for useful recycling tips and tricks
- Use the problem-reporting tool, equipped with geolocation, to notify municipal customer services about issues like missed collections
Residents can access Recycle Coach from desktop computers, mobile devices, or through digital assistants like Amazon Alexa and Google Home. Officials hope the platform can help increase recycling rates and decrease contamination in the community’s recycling stream. Recycle Coach can be found on the Public Works/Recycling page on the township website. The Recycle Coach app can be downloaded wherever apps are available.