Any citizen interested on serving as a member on one of the township’s various boards or committees should send an email with a resume and cover letter to Mayor John Ducey before or on Thursday, January 3.
“These boards not only play an important role in shaping our community, they offer citizens the opportunity to give back and help move Brick Township forward,” said Mayor Ducey. “I encourage any person interested in serving our community to send their resume to my office this week. Every person will be considered and we will make every effort to make sure everyone who would like to serve has the opportunity to do so.”
There are upcoming appointments available for the following boards/committees:
- Environmental Commission – is responsible for the protection, development and use of natural resources, including water resources located within the township.
- Historic Preservation Commission – works to encourage the use, restoration and preservation of historic structures in Brick Township.
- Board of Adjustment – primary function is to review and decide on applications for a variance.
- Property Maintenance Board – works to determine the course of action owners of property’s deemed in violation of the Property Maintenance Code must take in regards to the rehabilitation of their properties.
- BMAC – mission is to provide substance abuse prevention programs and services for the community.
“Anyone interested in serving should send their resume with a cover letter by January 3 to make sure they are considered,” said Mayor Ducey.
Resumes and cover letters should be emailed to email@example.com no later than 5pm on January 3. While efforts will be made to place citizens on requested boards, it will not be possible in all instances due to availability.