The Brick Township Farmers’ Market will return for its sixth season at Windward Beach Park on Saturday, May 16. Due to the ongoing Covid-19 crisis, there will be strict rules in place for both vendors and customers at the Farmers’ Market.
“We are excited to announce that the Farmers’ Market will be open to give our residents the opportunity to purchase fresh produce and other items from local businesses,” said Mayor John G. Ducey. “Much like other many others aspects of daily life, we had to adapt the Farmers’ Market to make it as safe as possible. But having the market open will provide some sense of progress and normalcy which is a positive thing right now.”
The Brick Farmers’ Market will be open from 9am until 2pm every Saturday from May 16 to September 19 at Windward Beach Park. Until further notice, the following rules are in place for the Farmers’ Market and will be strictly adhered to:
- All vendors must wear masks and gloves
- All customers must wear masks and observe social distancing guidelines
- Customers will line up on Challenger Way spaced a minimum of 6ft apart until admitted to the market
- Foot traffic will proceed in one direction
- All booths must be staffed by a minimum of two people with one person handling payments
- No self-service for customers; all handling of produce and items must be done by vendors
- Samples of produce items will be displayed for customers while produce is in secure area
- No samples
“It is our expectation that people visiting the Farmers’ Market will understand the necessity of the rules we have put in place and will observe them,” said Mayor Ducey. “These rules are in place to protect them and the vendors.”As of May 5, 40 vendors have signed up for the 2020 Farmers’ Market. Not all vendors will be at the Market every week. For more information on vendors, please visit the Farmers’ Market page on the Brick Township website, www.bricktownship.net.