As a part of New Jersey Natural Gas’ (NJNG) ongoing commitment to ensure safe, reliable service for our customers, NJNG will be replacing our facilities along Mantoloking Road in Brick Township, between Brick Boulevard and Gale Road. Construction is expected to begin in July 2020 and will last approximately ten months.
The majority of the work on this project is planned to occur between 7:00 PM and 5:00 AM, Sunday night through Friday morning. During working hours detours will be in place between Brick Boulevard and Adamston Road. The detours will be staged to minimize disruption.
- Brick Boulevard to Hooper Avenue: Full detour of traffic in both directions. Local traffic will always be permitted to area businesses.
- Hooper Avenue to Drum Point Road to Laurel Ave: Traffic will be maintained in the westerly direction, while eastbound traffic will be detoured.
- Laurel Avenue to Drum Point Road to Church Road: Traffic will be maintained in the westerly direction, while eastbound traffic will be detoured.
- Church Road to Drum Point Road to Adamston Road: Traffic will be maintained in the westerly direction, while eastbound traffic will be detoured.
- Adamston Road to Gale Road: Traffic flow will alternate using one lane
Please stay alert and follow all signs or the directions of traffic control crews.
Every week, NJNG posts weekly road closure and traffic impact information to its Web site and Facebook page. Please visit those pages for the latest information on scheduled work. If you have questions or would like additional information on this planned system improvement work, please contact New Jersey Natural Gas’ customer service line at 1-800-221-0051.