The Brick Township Municipal Court serves as the judicial branch of the local government.  Court is presided over by the Honorable Joseph D. Grisanti.  The Court holds sessions on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.  Every year, the Brick Township Municipal Court processes nearly 20,000 filings for matters such as DWI, traffic violations, criminal cases, drug cases and domestic violence charges.

Regular Hours for the Brick Township Municipal Court are Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 4:00pm.  Payment Window Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30am – 3pm.

You can reach the Municipal Court by phone at 732-262-1226.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Entering a Not Guilty Plea

    Pleas of Not Guilty can be entered a number of ways.  They can be entered in person, by telephone, by email, by fax or by regular mail.  Please have your summons or complaint number available when entering your plea.  This does not apply to Not Guilty pleas for matters of consequence.  These pleas must be entered on the day of your arraignment before the Judge.

  • Paying a Summons

    If you received a summons and would like to plead guilty and pay the fine, you can pay in person at the Brick Township Municipal Court.  The Court accepts cash, checks, money orders or MasterCard and Visa.  Checks require a drivers license number written on the check of the signer and telephone number.  You can also mail your summons to the Municipal Court with a check or money order.  For certain violations, you can pay online by visiting the New Jersey Courts website.  Please have your summons number available.

  • Speaking to a Prosecutor

    You will have the opportunity to speak to the prosecutor regarding your assigned court date  A Not Guilty plea must be entered with the Municipal Court prior to this.  If you are represented by an attorney, your attorney will speak to the prosecutor on your behalf.

  • How Many Points is my Ticket?

    The Municipal Court does not assess points to your drivers license.  That is a function of the Motor Vehicle Commission.  To find out how many points a violation carries, you must contact the Motor Vehicle Commission.