Brick Township Senior Outreach Services provides Brick Township residents ages 60 and over with a full range of services and many life-enriching programs and activities. The mission of Senior Outreach Services is to make a positive difference in the lives of our residents by improving access to health, education, social and supportive services thereby helping them live with dignity and independence.
Senior Outreach Services Staff is available to assist with Federal, State, and County programs such as Social Security, Veterans Affairs, and PAAD-Lifeline Credit. Senior Outreach Services has developed and implemented unique programs designed to enhance the quality of life for senior residents. Some of these programs include Tai Chi, newly released movies, line dancing,and ballroom dancing, chair aerobics for people sixty years and over.
The Senior Outreach program also provides Caregiver Information and Assistance. This program is available to uncompensated individuals who are caring for a senior age 60 or over. Available information on the following services include programs such as, nutrition, transportation, adult day care, social programs, in-home services, community support groups, and respite care.
A monthly calendar of events and a comprehensive booklet outlining all of the available services and programs is available by calling the Brick Township Senior Outreach Services Center at 732-920-8686.
Senior Outreach Services offers Project Icebox as a way help older residents in the event of a medical emergency. All participants in the program will receive a magnetic holder that is placed on the refrigerator. Participants place emergency information including medical history, medications and contact info. In the event of an emergency, Brick Police, Brick EMS and other emergency personnel will be able to utilize the information in the event you cannot communicate with them. All participants will receive a window sticker that tells emergency responders that you are a Project Icebox household. The program is free. For more information, please call Senior Outreach Services at 732-920-8686.
Important and Valuable Information
- Caregiver Resources and Information
- Older Americans Safety Tip Sheet
- National Council on Aging (NCOA)
- National Institute on Aging (NIA)
-Article “People with memory complaints, Alzheimer’s risk gene show early biological signs of disease”
- Tips411 – web form to submit anonymous tips to the Brick Township Police Department
- EZ Pass – includes information on Senior Citizen Discounts
- IRS Tax Assistance
- NJ Property Reimbursement Information
- Ocean County Prosecutor Office – Information on Senior Scams
- United States Department of Health and Human Services
- United States Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Social Security Administration
- NJ Shares
- Property Tax Reimbursement Information
- Income Tax Assistance Sites and Information
- Ocean County Resource Directory
- Ocean Ride Transportation
- Area Plan Contract Update Summary
- Medicare Parts A & B Premiums, Deductibles & Co-Payments
- PAAD & Senior Gold Comparison
- Social Security Changes
- Energy Assistance Information
- Property Tax Reimbursement Program Rev 5.28.15
- Homestead Benefit Information Rev. 8.26.15
- Ocean County Housing Resource Guide